Friday, April 29, 2011

Letter response

Dear, Ema I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished! You really are an insparation to women and even though there's not a day I don't think of you, I know that you are working very hard and going to have a bright future. I can't believe you managed to get a job at the Bell aircraft factory. Is it hard? That XFM-1 is humoungous, I can't believe you are part of the creation of that plane.

I pray that James comes back safe from the war. God bless him for fighting for our country. I really do worry for everyone fighting in the war, so many soldiers have died and gotten injured, when they are back and I see the nurses aid them I can't help but turn away and cry. The war has caused nothing but poverty and pain for so many families.

Things at home have been very poor, the nights are so cold but I have been giving your father and Erica some old blankets I put a house-brick in the oven for a couple of hours, wrap it up in an old towel and place it in the sheets at the bottom of the bed, this has helped them get through the nights. I tell you its so hard to even get some sleep with all the issues that the war has caused.

Now that our garden has been drafted it seems like nothing but gravel. Money is short and all I have to offer at dinner is bread and cheese. It looks like you are taking very good care of yourself, Thank you for that it gives me one less thing to worry about because now I know that you are well off even though you are alone.

Please keep writing, your father and Erica say hello.

Love, Mother.



Refrences: http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/stories/41/a2040841.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Aircraft

No comments:

Post a Comment