Thursday, September 9, 2010

Icons Loop

Intro:

Would you feel deprived if you only had one parent at home? As I sat by myself during dinner time I looked at the empty chairs and sighed my couldn't join me because she was busy at work and wouldn't get back home until later. Even though I was disappointed I understood because she worked hard to support me. When my my mom got home home we were browsing the Netflix movies to watch instantly and we both decided to watch La Bamba, my mom had already seen it but she wanted to see it again and it was my first time. My eyes were glued to the TV, I was so interested in the film.


Outro:

Richie died young at only 17 however, he accomplished a lot because music was his passion. His two most popular hits were Donna and La Bamba. La Bamba was traditionally a Mexican folk song but he made it into his own version and he inspired many Mexican Americans after he singed that song. He was a great rock and roll musician and although his goal was different from mine, I’m glad to know that he achieved his dream as a singer by the support of his mom and believing in himself, as I will too by continuing to work hard and not giving up on myself. In a couple of years I will be attending college and take all of my writing knowledge there.



I chose this opening because I start off with a question and somewhat of a setting.

This ties my ideas together because I start off talking about how I first got introduced to Richie Valens by talking about how I saw La Bamba and I talk about my goal which is writing. The outro leaves the readers with like me using this knowledge in the future so I went from present to future.

I hope my readers are able to see how I connect with Ritchie even though my goal wasn't singing, I do feel like he is a great icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment