Monday, February 14, 2011

Blog 4

Post links to three or more example articles that could provide inspiration for your Ampersand article. Along with each link, write at least one paragraph in which you explain what that example provides for you in the way of inspiration, a good model to work from, a guide, etc.

1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-sheard/a-secret-part-of-haiti_b_522144.html
This quote which is the first sentence was what caught my attention and hooked me into reading more. "This is the part of Haiti they don't show you,"I chose this article because of how well it uses concerts not pancakes the beggining cathes the attention but the last sentence pf this article, " A country that has been abused by the US and Europe for centuries and has overcome great odds and obstacles." It leaves readers thinking and this last sentence could be turned into a whole new article on how Haiti has overcame so much and how they are dealing with their lives right now.


2. http://www.merinews.com/article/my-experience-as-a-teacher/150513.shtml
The first thing I noticed about this article was the title and sub heading. "My experience as a teacher"
"As a young girl I wanted to be a teacher. Just like any one else I have also had my share of experiences, which changed me as a person or in other words are life-altering experiences. As a teacher, I have had three such experiences."
The sub-heading gives an insight to the reader about what you can expect to read yet it doesn't give all the information away. She talks about how as a young girl she always wanted to be a teacher and talks about her experience and how happy she is.


3. http://everydayalice.com/2010/03/14/why-i-love-having-and-being-a-mentor/
"I firmly believe everyone has natural gifting they can share with others who can learn from them. "
This was a strong quote that I read from this article I really like how she took on the roles of two people in once article she not only talks about her mentor but how she is a mentor herself and the skills she takes and uses on others. I feel like this article could help me because she introduces her mentor in the begging and tells us characteristics about her like how they are such good friends and shes admirable. The author also makes sure she is talking about her past mentors and how they impacted her life. So she not only talks about her present but her past which contributed to her present. I feel like I could use this and talk about how Im a student yet I felt like a teacher when I was interning.

No comments:

Post a Comment