Monday, February 7, 2011

Semester 2, blog 3

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/7928784/Bill-Withers-interview.html

The first link, I was somewhat suprised that the interview didn't have like what he said and then what the interviewer asked next. Im so used to seeing interviews like in magazines where it will be the interviewer and then what the person says next and so on. It sort of reminded me of a biography because the interview discuss how he started with his music and then he talks about if he is still making music. I can't really hear his voice and I mean that methaphorically. The author probably added much more into the interview than what was really said. It provided a bunch of background information and setting. It doesn't all consisit in question and answer format.

The second link is on Steve Jobs. http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/steve-jobs-in-1994-the-rolling-stone-interview-20110117
It starts off with an introuduction from 1994. The introduction is long so that readers understand more about Steve Jobs. After the interview I see a long interview. The introduction stays in balance with it.

The third link is on Obama. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obama-in-command-br-the-rolling-stone-interview-20100928
It starts off with setting. It talks about the date of when they arrived at the White house and they include the time and how the weather was like. It's very specific. It gived them an image and the mood. It makes the reader of actually being there as if they were listening in on the conversation.
There is a light hearted joke at the end. He puts a quote in the introduction that was not part of the interview. Quotes from unrealted people. It showed of the Obama's personality. He trys to stay professional as being president.


Lynn's Interview https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0By0BP1hDLB5EMTFkYTUwZWYtZTU2Ni00OTg4LWIxMWMtNTUxODQ1YTc1MTQ4&hl=en&pli=1
I liked her interview probably because it didn't look like a wall of words and I was familiar with that type of format of interviews but it did make it easy to read. It was not confusing I knew who was talking.

Overall the first three interviews provided a lot more information especially background info. Which is funny because most of the readers ussually know a little about that person like famous people such as Obama or Steve Jobs. Where as Lynn's was staright to the interview but an introduction would be more useful because she is the only one who knows about her mentor while everyone else doesn't. I'm not sure if I will make an introduction because I didn't get to talk to my mentor as much as I would like to in general because he is always busy but I'm considering having a short intro where I talk about the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment