Friday, January 21, 2011

Internship Week 3

1. You are half-way through your project. How is it going? What challenges have you faced? What have you learned? What are you doing to ensure a successful completion of your internship project.

For my project I decided to give several lessons to the students about the unit that they are working on which is Fables. My first task was to plan lessons so my mentor and I went over important topics that make a good fable. I came up with Titles, Characters, Setting, Conflict, and moral. These are the five topics I want the students focusing on while I read them 2-3 fables a day. After I read the fables I give them a lesson on one of the topics and let interact with them and tell them to give me examples so that they will be able to write a fable of their own. So far its going great the students are very smart and eager to write fables of their own. The challenges that I faced is making sure everyone understands it and planning the lessons. I have been making sure I complete this project by communicating with my mentor and asking him for help if I need it.

2.
What are you thankful for in your internship experience?
After I interviewed my mentor one of his responses was that he wished he could of had this opportunity that I had because he probably would have become a teacher earlier. I'm glad that I get to know how it feels like to be a teacher I have met very hard-working teachers around the campus. I feel like it has strengthen my point of view and answered all my questions of becoming a teacher. Even though I'm the first intern my mentor has he has done a great job making me productive and interacting with all the students. I feel like my confidence has gained up because of the lessons and read-alouds I do in class. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to see what it's like to be a teacher and planning and organizing lessons in the real world that will benefit other students.

No comments:

Post a Comment