Thursday, January 6, 2011

Internship Week 1

1. What are you excited about, nervous about and wondering about?
Coming into internship I'm really excited to get to talk to younger students and my mentor. I believe this will help me have better communication skills and I look forward to be doing something productive everyday. I'm nervous about how I'm going to react when I start teaching lessons in class because I always get nervous when public speaking so I don't want to look like I don't know what I'm talking about. I wonder what type of projects I will be covering and the way planning a project works because as a student I'm always the one completing the project but I always wondered whats it like to plan it and all the research and work behind it.

2. Describe the company culture at your internship, including how people interact, communicate and work together.
The teachers are organized and there are some teachers who work on projects together, most of the teachers don't work with another teacher but my mentor works with Mr. Kleuber and so far they have made their students build rockets together and the next project they are working on which will probably be my project is the engineering of a bridge the students are going to build. There are also occasionally some student teachers walking in and out of the class checking on the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment